Thursday 1 March 2012

Guide On: How to make an absolute arse of yourself on the train: Part 2

Disaster No 2

During another week of having to fend for myself, it was a nice peaceful morning on the train to Liverpool and as I sit peacefully with my earphones in, my mind is wandering everywhere. Bit of Guetta, bit of Dub, bit of Adele. Quite the range for a Monday morning.

Stopping at Liverpool Central the usual stop where 95% of the train depart, I look out the window at a guy sat on the platform bench, OBVIOUSLY i think he is staring at me, but this time I think he really was. I look away. Don't want to look too desperate. I looked back, he was laughing. Shit he caught me. He knows my game. But he was REALLY laughing. I turn back to see him patting the girl next to him and she starts howling too. Surely it can't be me? I look back to see what they must be laughing at in the carriage. Fuck. There wasn't anyone there????

I start to gather my things to leave? Don't know where or why I was leaving but I needed to move away from this window. Suddenly the train driver barges through. "OH MY GOD, thank God I checked this carriage, this train is out of service love, I am gonna have to let you off, all the carriages are locked."

Oh. Dear. Lord.

Not going to lie, if I saw me sat on the train after everyone had evacuated to the platform I would be laughing a lot too. I didn't even try and have a joke with anyone about it. I looked down at my phone, no eye contact could be made and pretended like all the doors didn't have to be opened for me to step onto a platform of smug faced scousers.

Alice. Pretty much the norm these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment